Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Look Into What I've Been Doing

So in light of the realization that I've gone yet another full week without making a blog post, I've decided I should do something a little special.  As any readers know, I've been working on a project that's changed mediums a couple times; currently I'm working towards it being a role-playing video game.  With that in mind over the last few weeks, I've been working on graphics for it.  And since for a project like this it only makes sense to play to my strengths, it will be a 2D game which allows me to draw everything.  But don't worry, I've got a small 3D treat coming at the end of the post.
So here are some of the graphics I've made so far (note that all of these are tiles for drawing maps, I haven't done any of the sprite work yet).  The image files are larger than the graphics will ultimately appear on screen just for the sake of getting a better look and making it easier to ensure the graphics can be tiled as when they're scaled down, any seams will be pretty much invisible.















































































 
Now, about that 3D treat.  Something else I've worked on in the last few weeks, just to make sure I wasn't too shabby in modeling in Maya, was to make a model of the Transformer Ultra Magnus, based off his toy that came out as part of the 6" Titanium line.  And yes, I know I've already mentioned that.  Anyway, what I have is the model, nearly completed (lacking a head and hands), transforming.  See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn5a0I_-3g8

No comments:

Post a Comment