Saturday, June 11, 2011

Why!?

First off, my blogs did not get updated in the last few days because my internet connection was being unreasonably inconsistent.  It is now functioning much better so...yeah.  Cool.

Our topic today:  I am retracting a large chunk of my previous excitement following Nintendo's E3 conference.  While I'm still very enticed by the premise of the WiiU, certain rumours have started surfacing that have been very discouraging.
These rumours go as follows:  1. The WiiU tablet controller will not be sold individually.  The only way to get one is to buy a WiiU.  2.  The WiiU does not support the use of more than one WiiU controller and all additional players must use Wii controllers.
The first rumour makes more sense paired with the second one and, even if these are true (which it looks like they are from what I've been reading) I suppose there's potential this could be changed before release; or maybe even after if such a thing is possible with a firmware update.
The problem I have with this is that the enormous potential the WiiU controller seemed to have has effectively been cut down to a fraction of that.  One of the greatest potentials I personally saw with the controller (notably brought to my attention by professional gamer brother) was that it could eliminate the need for competitors to lug around TVs at tournaments.  Evidently, that's not the case...and quite frankly, that's stupid that it's not the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment