Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Next Few Months Are Gonna Be Good #2 - Update and a look a bit further down the line

Sorry I didn't update yesterday, I had trouble finding a topic.  I still have several games in mind for reviews but most of them I haven't played in too long, so I'll need to dig them out and give'em another play through.
Anyway, in relation to an earlier post, I'm going to note a few upcoming significant-to-me releases.  First off, I mentioned that Red Steel 2 would be coming out later this month.  Almost every source I've looked at says it will actually be coming out in March.  I was confused by an ad for the game on the back of the No More Heroes 2 instruction booklet which states "Available Februrary 2010".  Seeing as no other source has since made a change to its stated release date, I'm now assuming this is simply a mistake and that the game will indeed be released in March.  If it does come out this month, cool.
Now that that's out of the way, let's take a glance at something a bit farther off:  Let's start with a Summer release.  For the first time since...I forget, we might finally get a good Sonic game on a home console.  Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 1, a 2.5D Sonic game whose name suggests it is a direct sequel to the Genesis game Sonic 3, is currently set to release sometime this Summer.  I loved Sonic Rush and if Sonic 4 can manage at least that quality, I'll be happy.
Moving on to something a bit more ambiguous in release details, Metroid: Other M.  Another game set to release in 2010, currently placed somewhere in either the second or third quarter, looks to combine the two methods of control Metroid has used.  Both first-person and sidescrolling sections of the game have been witnessed, though very briefly, through the trailer that was seen at E3 last year.  As late as it happened, as of 2 years ago, I've fallen in love with the Metroid series and am also very excited to see how this turns out.  The inclusion of Team Ninja only sweetens the deal.
Finally, something even more ambiguous:  Mario Galaxy 2.  Another Wii game, this one with no specific release date at all outside of '2010'.  I have a good feeling we'll be seeing this game sometime around the holidays.  While it's been quite a long time since I picked up the original game, I have fond memories of it.  About the only faults I could find with it were the all too-easy difficulty and the occasionally disorienting controls and worlds.  So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the sequel will be a bit harder (hopefully a lot harder).

On a somewhat unrelated note:  I suppose I should make mention of a couple big names that have come out in the last couple of days.  Bioshock 2 and Dante's Inferno.  I don't personally have any plans to go out and grab them yet but I may come around.  Having just watched the reviews on GameTrailers, I'm definitely a bit more interested in Bioshock 2.

That's it for now.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment