Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Getting There

So, over the last few posts I've mentioned my goal of developing a personal art style.  I've also had a personal project which requires doing plenty of character concepts.  As you might have guessed, the two endeavors overlapped well.

As you can see, it's not a finished image but it's at a 'rough-clean' stage which is my personal favourite stage to observe art at.  Most of the construction lines are still present (though a bit drowned out by my scanner) and you can see the finished-ish line.
While it's still not quite at the point of unique, simple and slick that I'm aiming for, I was still pretty happy with this concept; though I may rethink the poofy shorts since they just seem to make her thighs look really weird.

UPDATE: I believe I've realized what about the shorts is making the drawing look weird; the ends of the pant-legs  should be curved downward rather than upward, and from such a dead-on angle there should be a little less of a curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment