Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Blah Blah Blah

Well, having only just realized that I missed making a weekly post over the past weekend, let's cover why that happened:  I went snowboard/snowblading/skiing on Saturday.  Aside from that full-day trip, I was really focused on working on my final film.  Maybe not the best excuse but, yeah, that's why I forgot to make an update.
Speaking of actual updates though, I can offer some tidbits of progress on some things.  My final film is coming along nicely.  To date I've only received very minor notes on things to change from my teacher.
On the personal side, I'm well on my way to putting together the Dragon Ball Z group-shot poster print I had planned on making for my wall.  I have all of the major heroes drawn in relative size so it won't take long to composite the image digitally.  All the drawings are inked and have their tones and highlights plotted.  Along the way, I actually decided I would do 2 prints.  Since I was already making one for the major heroes (for those curious of who I deem those to be:  Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Trunks*, Piccolo) I started work on one for the villains (Frieza, Cell, Buu).  Both the heroes and villains are all ready to be scanned and digitally cleaned up.
That in mind, I'm probably going to start working on that now.  I may edit this post later with whatever images I have at the time.

As for random news:  Shout! Factory, the manufacturer responsible for The Transformers The Complete Series Boxset, has recently announced that it will be released DVDs for Beast Wars as well.  Yay!



*I know Trunks may not be exactly that major of a hero but I'm drawing the characters in their Android arc appearance and I definitely favour Trunks a little more than any other 5th major protagonist I can think of like Krillin or Tien.

No comments:

Post a Comment